TERA "User Authentication Failed"

TERA "User Authentication Failed"

Postby ric » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:26 pm

Hi guys!

We've tested TERA yesterday and we found out that some countries are blocked.

Anthony lent me his login details to run some few tests. And since I live in a different country, I was not able to login.

You will still be able to download the client without logging in by using the link below:

http://download.enmasse.com/TERA-Setup.exe

Once the client is installed, you will then be asked to enter your login details. Again, the "User Authentication Failed" error will appear. :x

Patching will "NOT" continue unless your login details are accepted.

We do have a solution for this and that is the Smoothping VPN which will be available to the public soon.

Using the VPN, I relaunched TERA and entered my login details. Viola! Patching is now in progress as you can see in the screenshot below.

We can help you download and patch the client if you are experiencing the same problem so feel free to contact us.

Ping lowering will come later after we are done with the testing. :ugeek:
ric

Re: TERA "User Authentication Failed"

Postby airbag » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:35 pm

I'd be interested in the VPN method if you could please enlighten me as to what I need to do to make it work.

Thanks!
airbag

Postby ric » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:42 pm

Tera can now be tunneled using the Smoothping Elite client.

http://www.smoothping.com/forums/viewto ... =27&t=7047 That link will gie you the instrcutions on how to add Tera to the SPclient.

Let me know if it does not work for you and I will give you more details about the VPN.
ric

Postby pakogah » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:43 am

Already follow your step stil not working
i already PM you regarding the VPN, please respond

Thanks
pakogah

Postby shroom01 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:44 pm

Hi gents -

You have been gracious enough to provide us with a work-around for the above, but it seems to rely heavily on 1 server being up and running, which has not been the case for the last 36hrs.

Having confirmed that you would be supporting Tera (and having succefully authenticated, patched and connected during the last closed beta) I have gone ahead and subbed here, but now cannot avail myself of one of the few pre-order benefits this weekend (early name registration).

Could we get a firm indication of reliability of support for Tera please (including authentication) going into Open Beta, as I would really not like to have send numerous mails, with substantial delayes in responess, on for instance when a particular server that is being relied upon will be up and running again?

I don't want you to feel that you have to commit to support anything at an inconvenience to yourselves (or as a favor to users) - and I have an enormous amount of respect for both your technical expertise and the very kind assistance which has been provided to date, but we merely want to know what we can bank on in the coming weeks (and into official launch) please.

Would appreciate a firm response in this regard - sincerely appreciated,
Shroom
shroom01

Postby anthony » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:44 am

The VPN and Atlanta will not be returning due to someone using it to Spam. (IP Ban)

So if you are IP blocked by default, and you can not get the launcher to work, we can not help you.

The VPN was an attempt at providing more gaming connection options, but this has resulted in putting our entire network at risk.

For those that purchased the VPN product, please work with Ric to organize your refund if necessary.

Tera will be supported by it's LIVE date, and may arrive sooner.

TERA is currently in the test config file that you can load for yourself as per link.

So yes, Tera will be a Smoothping Elite game, but there will no longer be any VPN.

Anthony
anthony
Site Admin

Postby shroom01 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:51 am

That is very sad news indeed, but thank you for letting us know.
shroom01

Return to TS Archive